[MapProxy] Troubles with 1.2.1

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Fri Jan 13 02:40:54 EST 2012

On 13.01.2012, at 01:14, luca.casagrande at gmail.com wrote:
> another point about my trouble:
> mod_wsgi (pid=17594): Target WSGI script
> '/home/lcasagrande/mapproxy/config.py' cannot be loaded as Python
> module.

It looks like PyYAML/libyaml library is crashing with an exception when reading your configuration, but not always, because you are still getting some tiles. So I guess your MapProxy config is OK. Here are some things you should check:

Can you make sure that MapProxy does return tiles, and that they are not cached tiles from your browser? (with curl or ab) What percentage of requests fails? Have you restarted Apache?

Can you remove libyaml? If this removes python-yaml, then you can install PyYAML with pip.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt | @oltonn