[MapProxy] LIMITED_TO

Jeff Konnen jaykayone at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 02:44:14 PDT 2012

Hi all,
I try to use the LIMITED_TO property to clip a service.
I am running Mapproxy 1.4.0 under WSGI and that's where my question comes
up.

In the manual, there are examples of how to set up authorization with paste
but now with wsgi.
Where should I define what?

I've not fully understood where to define this:

{
  'authorized': 'partial',
  'layers': {
    'layer1': {
      'map': True,
      'limited_to': {
        'geometry': [-10, 0, 30, 50],
        'srs': 'EPSG:4326',
      },
    },
    'layer2': {
      'map': True,
      'limited_to': {
        'geometry': 'POLYGON((...))',
        'srs': 'EPSG:4326',
      },
    },
    'layer3': {
      'map': True,
    }
  }}

I think clipping would be a nice function in general, with authentification
/ authorization or not. It could be a feature outside of the auth-logic and
be generally applied to a source in the mapproxy config.
What do you think?

Thanks in advance
Jeff

--