[MapProxy] Render lower/higher zoom levels

Martin Kokeš shr3k at typo3-hosting.com
Thu Mar 1 10:20:49 EST 2012

Hello Oliver,

still can't get a little bit of WMS scaling to work. This is actually what I got:
---
layers:
  - name: ortofoto
    title: Ortofoto
    sources: [ortofoto_cache]

caches:
  ortofoto_cache:
    grids: [global_mercator_osm]
    sources: [ortofoto_wms]
    format: image/jpeg
    link_single_color_images: true
    cache:
      type: file
      directory_layout: tms

sources:
  ortofoto_wms:
    type: wms
    req:
      url: http://geoportal.cuzk.cz/WMS_ORTOFOTO_PUB/service.svc/get
      layers: GR_ORTFOTORGB
    min_scale: 1
    max_scale: 28000
    supported_srs: ['EPSG:900913']

grids:
  global_mercator_osm:
    base: GLOBAL_MERCATOR
    num_levels: 21
---
With this configuration my Mapproxy TMS serves a
http://localhost/mapproxy/tiles/1.0.0/ortofoto_EPSG900913/14/8911/10827.jpeg as blank jpeg.
http://localhost/mapproxy/tiles/1.0.0/ortofoto_EPSG900913/15/17822/21654.jpeg works.

ortofoto_wms service is restricted by WMS provider to:
<MinScaleDenominator>1</MinScaleDenominator>
<MaxScaleDenominator>28000</MaxScaleDenominator>

So I set up
    min_scale: 1
    max_scale: 28000

It is possible to take 4.77731426782 resolution requests (they obviously work) and scale them down to get 9.55462853565 and 19.1092570713?

With regards

Martin