[MapProxy] Implementation MapProxy-WMTS to OpenLayers Client

Oliver Tonnhofer tonnhofer at omniscale.de
Thu Mar 8 02:30:48 EST 2012

On 02.03.2012, at 11:05, Patrick Fischer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m new in running MapProxy and my first results are to serve a WMS, TMS and WMTS.  The Implementation of WMS and TMS into a OpenLayers Client isn’t a big Problem. Only there is a little Coordinate-Difference between these two services. If anybody have an idea, I will be happy J.
>
> But my real Problem is, that I can’t implement a WMTS-Service (KVP-Encoding) into the OpenLayers-Client. Only the Grid-Tiles are shown, but not the Tile itself. The Direct-Access to Tiles by Browser by usinghttp://geoinformatik.htw-dresden.de/map/wmts/Meilenblaetter_SN/meilenblatt_grid/01/0/0.png is no Problem.

By default OpenLayers thinks your map displays the whole world, but you only have a local grid. So you need to configure maxExtent and maxResolution. Some tips: watch the log output of MapProxy carefully (what does OpenLayers request) and add a WMS layer with a world map, so you can see if the tiles are aligned.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt | @oltonn