[MapProxy] Mapproxy + Mapserver reprojections projections

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Thu Oct 4 04:39:31 PDT 2012

On 02.10.2012, at 10:40, Paul Norman wrote:

> I have a setup with mapproxy serving imagery from geotiffs using MapServer.
> Mapproxy serves up tiles. To do this I have to reproject the geotiffs from
> UTM 10N to Google Mercator. I can do this in either mapproxy or mapserver.
>
> I'm wondering which would be best for both quality and speed.
>
> I am serving the images as RGBA PNGs, resampled with bicubic resampling in
> mapserver.

MapServer doesn't support bicubic as far as I know, so you might want to reproject on MapProxy when you have vector data.

For speed: If MapServer and MapProxy are on the same server or connected via GBit Ethernet, you should try request_format: image/tiff.
(http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/configuration_examples.html#access-local-servers)

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://github.com/olt    | @oltonn