[MapProxy] Mapproxy + Mapserver reprojections projections

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sat Oct 6 20:25:17 PDT 2012

Hmm, right you are. The Mapserver docs point you at
http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-4.html but it looks like BICUBIC
wasn't implemented.

I did do some tests and got consistent numbers, but this was with
RESAMPLE=BICUBIC. I would guess this defaults to NEAREST. In any case, it
was 1.98 seconds for a tile (triggering a meta-tile request) with mapproxy
doing the UTM -> Google Mercator conversion and 1.71 with mapserver doing
it. Of course if mapserver was using NEAREST I'd expect it to be faster.

In my case everything is raster (in this case pulling from a mrsid file).

Do you know if TIFF will work with transparency? I imagine in my case I
could get the most speed out of converting the sid to geotiff but I'd like
to get as much speed out of the rest of the steps the request goes through
as well.