[MapProxy] LockTimeout issue (mapnik)

Fernando Ribeiro fernandinand at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 09:31:33 PDT 2013

Hi list,

I am facing a strange issue related with tile locking, while running
mapproxy under apache httpd with mod_wsgi.

Apache and cache dirs are owned by the same user and I am currently serving
'on-the-fly' data from mapnik (2.0.1).

The stack trace seems familiar with previous issues here on list:

*  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/mapproxy/source/mapnik.py", line
86, in render*
*    with self.lock():*
*  File
"/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/mapproxy/platform/cpython/lock.py", line
42, in __enter__*
*    self.lock()*
*  File
"/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/mapproxy/platform/cpython/lock.py", line
72, in lock*
*    raise LockTimeout('another process is still running with our lock')*
*LockTimeout: another process is still running with our lock*

I can check the lock tiles on filesystem, but they seem empty (0bytes)

Some config options:
*client_timeout: 120
*
*
*
*sources:*
*  MAPNIK_OSM_OSP:*
*    type: mapnik*
*    mapfile: 'mymapfile.xml' *
*    use_mapnik2: true*
*    concurrent_requests: 1*

wsgi config (from mapproxy-util):
*from mapproxy.wsgiapp import make_wsgi_app*
*application = make_wsgi_app(r'myconfigfile.yaml')*

Any thoughts on this issue?

P.S.- I can deliver 'on-the-fly' data with *serve-develop* server, but I am
facing a concurrency problem with mapnik OCCI plugin. I have to setup a
preforked apache environment to overcome this problem.

Thank you!

Cheers,
--
Fernando Ribeiro