[MapProxy] Tile Locks

Максим Хитрин hitrymax at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 03:15:14 PDT 2013

Yes, MapProxy runs as ApplicationPoolIdentity which makes a user with an
application pool name. In this case - 'mapproxy'. And so there is an IIS
worker process (w3wp.exe) run under this user, mapproxy.
For the whole mapproxy folder I gave permissions for IIS_IUSRS group.
Before that mapproxy didn't run as it was unable to make log file. I've
tried to give other permissions, it didn't work. I guess it's not because
of permissions, but because of async access.
I've looked in lock files which mapproxy is making. There is a process id
of worker process. So does it mean that it is somehow blocking itself?

Regards,
Max.