[MapProxy] KML in Google Maps

Keith Moss Keith.Moss at landgate.wa.gov.au
Sun Aug 18 23:20:57 PDT 2013

Oliver,

Here's the set of requests that Google Maps is doing to MapProxy: https://gist.github.com/keithamoss/13493e97b7fc4e38a29c

The initial set were for the entire globe, then I gradually zoomed in 5 levels to Australia. As you'll see, it seems to not request tiles beyond zoom level 3. Those last 30 or so should be levels 4 - 5.

Here's the console output for the requests - quite a few 500 errors - https://gist.github.com/keithamoss/5ad09d924abcc2056f96 which correlates with a bunch of these errors in the MapProxy log files

2013-08-19 09:56:57,163 - WARNING - mapproxy.source.wms - expected image response, got: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
<!DOCTYPE ServiceExceptionReport SYSTEM "http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.1.1/exception_1_1_1.dtd">
<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1">
  <ServiceException code="InvalidFormat">
Parameter 'width' contains unacceptable value.
  </ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

I've attached a screenshot of what the initial view looks like where you can see the tiles that didn't load properly and the odd issue with Western Australia behind shifted a way to the north.

Google Maps doesn't - as far as I know - support network links.

I can setup a private map for you to test with if that would help.

Cheers,

Keith

Keith Moss
Satellite Remote Sensing Services