[MapProxy] forward time dimension info in getCapabilities

Ezequiel Lara Gómez ezequiel.lara at qualitasremos.com
Fri Jul 26 04:24:16 PDT 2013

Regards,

I am trying to set mapserver as a reprojecting proxy (as my origin WMS
only serves EPSG:4326 requests, which I need to "reproject" to 3857 (AKA
900913) for openlayers to be able to overlay it over google maps base
imagery).

However, the origin WMS has a time dimension, which I would need to use
from our client - not only request a specific time from the origin layer
with "time" and forwarding it with "forward_req_params", but to serve
also the timeextent supported in getCapabilities requests, besides
passing through the requested TIME from our layer. This dimension
information gets lost in the proxying (as a matter of fact it doesn't
even get parsed inside parse_capabilities_url).

The WMS I'm using is
http://coastwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov/erddap/wms/jplG1SST/request , btw, and a
basic configuration would be something like:

services:
  wms:
    srs: ['EPSG:4326', 'CRS:84', 'EPSG:900913', 'EPSG:3857']
    md:
      title: Mapproxy WMS

layers:
  - name: jplG1SST
    title: jpl G1 SST
    sources: [jplG1SST]

sources:
  jplG1SST:
    type: wms
    supported_srs: ['EPSG:4326']
    forward_req_params: ['time']
    req:
      url: http://coastwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov/erddap/wms/jplG1SST/request
      layers: 'jplG1SST:SST'
      transparent: true

¿Is there any way this can be done?

(this was cross-posted-ish to mapserver list as I am trying to get this
working and I don't mind using mapproxy or mapserver as the reprojecting
proxy - however if I have to develop myself mapproxy will probably make
it way easier, being in python...).

Thanks and regards,

Ezequiel