[MapProxy] WMTS

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Thu Jun 20 05:55:56 PDT 2013

On 20.06.2013, at 14:26, Jeff Konnen wrote:
> As it is a prerendered TileCache structure, I am not able to change the origin.
> So this means that there's no possibility to serve my existing tilecache tiles as WMTS service with mapproxy?

You could "reproject" tiles [0].
Otherwise it is not possible, but that's not a limitation of MapProxy it's a result of incompatible grids.

For example:

Say you have a grid where in
level 0 with resolution 500 fits in one tile
level 1 with resolution 250 fits in two tiles
level 2 with resolution 150 fits in three and a half tiles!

In Level 2 you will have a partial tile. In a grid with origin sw that part will be in the north, but in a grid with origin nw it will be in the south. The BBOX of that tile (2/0/3) will stick out of your original BBOX.
You can translate between different origins (1/0/1 -> 1/0/0), but that doesn't work when you do it for partial tiles. The partial tile 2/0/3 becomes 2/0/0 and now you have an empty part in the north and your whole map is shifted to the south.

(Hope that does make sense. It's hard to describe that in words.)

[0] http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/configuration_examples.html#reprojecting-tiles