[MapProxy] Strange WMS lookalike

A.Pirard.Papou A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 08:08:03 PST 2013

On 2013-03-08 15:42, Travis Kirstine wrote :
> Current MapProxy does not support direct connection to the ArcGIS REST
> API using the export map call. Fortunately ArcGIS server is able to
> publish WMS services as well and you should be able to use the
> standard WMS connection.  If you are not familiar with ArcGIS server
> you can view the "catalog" of service published and determine if WMS
> is support (not by default)
>
> Check out the catalog
> http://geoservices.wallonie.be/arcgis/rest/services
>
> Navigate to the MapService you want to connect to:
> http://geoservices.wallonie.be/arcgis/rest/services/TOPOGRAPHIE/PICC/MapServer
>
> At the bottom you should see supported interfaces, if WMS is listed
> click on it to return the GetCabilities.  You can then build your
> connection in MapProxy using these parameters

Thanks for a very neat answer, Travis.

Yes they do support WMS at the page bottom, but in much their own way,
that's not a long way further ;-)
<ServiceException code="InvalidData">  Cannot read capabilities file.
</ServiceException>
On a nearby server, the file is found but it says  the server supports
4326 whereas only 31370 is.

On the other hand, it's unfortunate that Mapproxy does not implement an
{insert} feature à la JOSM.
I hacked the URL and appended everything but size that Mapproxy does not
output to get that server responding.
The &bbox worked, but the request returned a default 400×400 size tile
that was displayed by the client !!!
The only thing I need is &size={width},{height} !!!
Yet another best value for money suggestion from me, but I get no reply.

Why make "just a little bit" different request formats?  Like the just a
little bit pregnant girl :-)

Maybe could I build a cache by limiting the WMS requests to 256×256 and
adding &size=256,256 ?

Inventively yours,

Cheers,

Cheers,