[MapProxy] installation on windows x64

Martijn Coenen Martijn at Covadis.nl
Thu Mar 14 02:50:58 PDT 2013

Hello all,

Just trying to get Mapproxy running as FastCGI service, but running in to some trouble here.

What I have done is creating a fcgiconfig.py with the following contents:

-----------------------
import os
from paste.deploy import loadapp

application = loadapp('config:config.ini', relative_to='C:\Python27\Scripts')

from mapproxy.wsgiapp import make_wsgi_app application = make_wsgi_app('mymapproxy/services.yaml')

if __name__ == '__main__':
    from flup.server.fcgi_fork import WSGIServer
    WSGIServer(application).run()

When I run it to test it, it's nagging me that I am missing some module meant for Python < 2.4. Funny as this is 2.7.
The module called 'eunuchs' is giving me problems, but it seems that module can't be downloaded anymore?

It would be great to know, if some here have managed to get a recent version of Mapproxy running as fastCGI on a Windows environment (even better if it's 64bit!)?

Problem is, that I have some fancy environment requirements here. Mapproxy is running on a 64-bit Python installation and my Apache is 32-bit because of some other 3rd-party constraints.

Regards,
Martijn