[MapProxy] PB QGIS-server and mapproxy. Management of the transparency of a layer

Yann Cuidet zian.cuidet at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 01:37:11 PST 2013

 I have problems using mapproxy with QGIS-server via openlayers
(mapproxy-1.6.0, qgis-server 2, python 2.7.3, PIL 1.1.7 and pillow 2.2.1
for test, openlayers-2.13.1 on ubuntu 12.10).

I have a layer in which i defined the background of the polygon with
transparency.

When I asked directly qgis-server via openlayers, I get the png wanted (png
background is entirely transparent and the transparency of the background
is what i need).

When I pass through maproxy, the image background is transparent but not
the background of the polygons (the setting of the mapproxy may be ok
because I get a transparent png image). What's weird is when I set the
background of a polygon with less than 50% transparency in QGIS, through
mapproxy the background of the polygon is completely opaque and when I put
a transparency equal to or greater than 50%, the background of polygons is
completely transparent.

Sample configuration:

services:
  demo:
  wms:
    srs: ['EPSG:4326', 'EPSG:32620']
    bbox_srs: ['EPSG:32620']
    image_formats: ['image/jpeg', 'image/png', 'image/gif',
'image/GeoTIFF', 'image/tiff']

sources:
  communeswms:
    type: wms