[MapProxy] "Stuck" requests and Apache

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Tue Nov 12 00:35:38 PST 2013

> From: Oliver Tonnhofer [mailto:olt at omniscale.de]
> Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 11:56 PM
> To: Paul Norman
> Cc: mapproxy at lists.osgeo.org
> Subject: Re: [MapProxy] "Stuck" requests and Apache
> On 12.11.2013, at 05:51, Paul Norman wrote:
> > I've now debugged it in more detail.
> >
> > Both layers work fine with serve-develop. The mapnik-based layer
> > doesn't generate new tiles with the mod_wsgi apache deployment. I have
> > checked tile cache dir permissions and they are owned by www-data, and
> > I tried with them as 777 without any luck.
> >
> > I'm mystified why one works and the other doesn't. Any thoughts?
> Do you run mod_wsgi with: `WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}`?
> This is required for Mapnik for some reasons. See
> http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/deployment.html and
> https://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy/issues/76 (esp. the last comment
> from Dane Springmeyer)

I got it working, after a few things. It's hard to tell what exactly fixed
and what was me trying to find a solution.

In order, 
- I created a new virtualenv with --no-site-packages
- Installed mapnik2 and mapproxy with pip
- Encountered the error "IOError: decoder zip not available" with
mapproxy-util serve-develop --debug
- Uninstalled and installed pip a few times
- Got serve-develop working, but apache still not working
- removed the site.addsitedir in my .py loading file
- Added `WSGIPythonHome /srv/mapproxy' to the global part of an apache
config file
- It was then working

I suspect it's the first one and last two that got it working.

More information about the MapProxy mailing list