[MapProxy] SQLite cache types vs MBTiles

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Tue Nov 26 00:19:44 PST 2013

Hi,

On 25.11.2013, at 22:46, Travis Kirstine wrote:
> Are there any other differences between sqlite caches and mbtiles beyond the ability to store time stamps and store each level in seperate db.

No.

>  Specifically can you:
> - Run multi-threaded seeding
> - Store mixed format images
> - Use grids in other projections - GLOBAL_GEODETIC

Yes[0], yes, yes.

[0] someone reported SQLite connection timeouts during seeding with high concurrency, but he didn't report any further numbers. I do think this might happen when IO load is very high, but in this case you should reduce concurrency to a more moderate value. More feedback is welcome.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.com
http://mapproxy.org | https://github.com/olt    | @oltonn