[MapProxy] mapproxy with mapserver srs problem

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Tue Oct 15 03:52:20 PDT 2013

On 15.10.2013, at 11:40, karsten wrote:
>>> The source request log of MapProxy should list bbox and srs of the
> requests however. The default log.ini should also create a
> source-requests.log file with all requests >> made to MapServer. See:
> http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/deployment.html#logging
> Sorry I somehow still do not understand correctly  - I think - how to enable
> this as I still get no log file after running
> mapproxy-util create -t log-ini log.ini
> At ldast that commad created an ini file in the same dierctory but no
> source-requests.log fiel is to be found anyhwer o my serer so far...
> I also chsnged the owner fo the log.ini file to www-data to make sure it can
> be accessed ...
> [...]
> Any hints what I still need to do after running
> mapproxy-util create -t log-ini log.ini   ?

You need to enable logging. See http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/deployment.html#logging and the commented lines in your config.py.

But I strongly advise you to use `mapproxy-util serve-develop` when you are working on the configuration. You will see all logs on the console (request to and from MapProxy and the MapProxy logs) and it will automatically reload your configuration. You should configure your deployment only when the configuration is working. This really makes troubleshooting easier.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.com
http://mapproxy.org | https://github.com/olt    | @oltonn