[MapProxy] mapproxy with mapserver srs problem

karsten karsten at terragis.net
Wed Oct 16 16:07:31 PDT 2013

Thanks all, mystery solved !

My hang-up was
* that I saw the WMS working on one hand and did not get it working in the
demo site when I added my WMS layer
The problem was that I defined the old unofficial EPSG fro Google Mercator
900913 in my map file but the demo site requested the official EPSG 3857
(which is a another EPSG code ID for the same thing) , thus all solved and
working after I added that EPSG code to my map file projection list in
METADATA and the Layer tag:
"wms_srs" "EPSG:31468 EPSG:31494 EPSG:4326 EPSG:900913 EPSG:3857"

For completeness - in case it help somebody else - I got the logging working
right away after I created the log.ini file AND after uncomment the
following lines in config.py,  plus apache2 restart
( and it does show the exact calls made to the MS WMS ) :

from logging.config import fileConfig
import os.path
fileConfig(r'/etc/mymapproxy/log.ini', {'here': os.path.dirname(__file__)})

Cheers
Karsten