[MapProxy] WMS: "pure" Python or WSGI?

BERÉNYI Attila aberenyi at gislab.hu
Thu Apr 3 13:20:11 PDT 2014

Hi Tobias,

I assume you already checked out the production page (
http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/deployment.html#production).

I am using MapProxy in production with spawning (WSGI server), Nginx
(proxy), mapnik and file caches stored on ZFS - works really well so far.

Note that if you are using mapnik, you have to set up the virtualenv with
python2 as mapnik's python3 support is not there yet, however, MapProxy's
python3 branch looks good (tested with waitress as WSGI server).

Cheers,
Attila

> Hi there,
>
> my mapproxy- and mapnik-based WMS is working well with the internal
> Python HTTP-service. Right now, only three people are accessing it,
> but now I want to give access to some students.
>
> Can I achieve higher performance when using a webserver with WSGI
> or is the "pure Python" solution already "state-of-the-art"?
>
> Good work!
> Tobias

BERÉNYI Attila, PhD
ügyvezető igazgató