[MapProxy] MapProxy Windows installer

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Fri Jan 24 00:20:29 PST 2014

Hi Bart,

On 21.01.2014, at 23:40, B. Baas wrote:
> After some manual MapProxy installations on Windows, I decided to automate the process and created an installer.
>
> The aim of this installer is to make the MapProxy installation as easy, automatic and production-ready as possible on Windows based systems. During installation, it is possible to specify the data directory, server port and whether to run as a Windows service.

this is cool. This could be really handy for local deployments by non-admins. A few OpenStreetMapper use MapProxy to get external services into JOSM for example.

> It uses easy_install during setup but includes all necessary egg-dependencies for offline fallback.

I don't see PyYaml in your instructions. Did you miss that package?

> The installer, source-code and more information can be found at my GitHub page, http://github.com/bartbaas/MapProxyWindows. The installer is released under the GPL License.
> Please let me know if this comes in handy and where is room for improvement. Of course, feel free to report issues, fork or pull.

Did you choose GPL on purpose or is it just your default license? I'd love to have the installer with a license that is compatible with MapProxy/Apache License. I won't contribute as long as it is GPL licensed, because this would prevent me from integrating it into MapProxy someday.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.com
http://mapproxy.org | https://github.com/olt    | @oltonn