[MapProxy] Mapproxy WMTS in ArcGIS 10.1

Pestereva, Anna apestereva at aerialservicesinc.com
Wed Mar 19 17:03:26 PDT 2014

Hello everybody,

I am experiencing the some problems when trying to open WMTS served by
Mappoxy in ArcGIS 10.1: it can read the capabilities and display the layer
list, but when adding layers to the map, they are not rendered, and their
properties are missing spatial extent and reference information. QGIS 2.2.0
opens the same WMTS layers just fine.

When comparing my WMTS capabilities file with the publicly available ones,
e.g. http://maps.wien.gv.at/wmts/1.0.0/WMTSCapabilities.xml (they render in
ArcGIS 10.1),  I see that in Mapproxy generated file WellKnownScaleSet tag
is missing from TileMatrixSet part, and also ows:SupportedCRS tag is
provided as simply EPSG:3857 instead of urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG:6.18:3:3857.

I also tested this service created by Mapproxy 1.5:
http://services.opengeoserver.org/wmts/1.0.0/WMTSCapabilities.xml - and it
also does not open in ArcGIS 10.1 for me, and it is also missing the above
mentioned values in the capabilities file.

Not sure, if these values matter, but they are the only considerable
difference I see between the working and non-working WMTS services, when
opened by ArcGIS 10.1. Last response in this thread also seems to go in
line with my findings:
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/66292-Accessing-Geoserver-WMTS-from-ArcGis-Desktopeven
for ArcGIS 10.2.

My mapproxy.yaml configuration is nearly default one: with default
webmercator grid, empty wmts service dictionary.

Is it a known issue? Is it related to Mapproxy WMTS or to ArcGIS 10.1? Or
am I just missing some configuration?

If missing values in capabilities are indeed the reason, is there a way to
modify capabilities, generated by Mapproxy?
Thank you in advance!
--
*Anna Pestereva | Application Developer & Cartographer*
*Aerial Services, Inc. (ASI) *