[MapProxy] Mapproxy WMTS in ArcGIS 10.1

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Mon Mar 24 07:20:53 PDT 2014

Hi Anna,

On 20.03.2014, at 01:03, Pestereva, Anna wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I am experiencing the some problems when trying to open WMTS served by Mappoxy in ArcGIS 10.1: it can read the capabilities and display the  layer list, but when adding layers to the map, they are not rendered, and their properties are missing spatial extent and reference information. QGIS 2.2.0 opens the same WMTS layers just fine.
>
> When comparing my WMTS capabilities file with the publicly available ones, e.g. http://maps.wien.gv.at/wmts/1.0.0/WMTSCapabilities.xml (they render in ArcGIS 10.1),  I see that in Mapproxy generated file WellKnownScaleSet tag is missing from TileMatrixSet part, and also ows:SupportedCRS tag is provided as simply EPSG:3857 instead of urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG:6.18:3:3857.
>
> I also tested this service created by Mapproxy 1.5: http://services.opengeoserver.org/wmts/1.0.0/WMTSCapabilities.xml - and it also does not open in ArcGIS 10.1 for me, and it is also missing the above mentioned values in the capabilities file.

Can you save one of these capabilities XML files, change it to look like the ArcGIS WMTS service and use that file? (You can start a local web server to serve the capabilities document with `python -m SimpleHTTPServer`)

Let me know if it works with the modified file.

Since someone mentioned it in the linked thread, can it be an authentication issue? Does ArcGIS make requests to MapProxy?

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.com
http://mapproxy.org | https://github.com/olt    | @oltonn