[MapProxy] Seeding tiles from local PostgreSQL

Andrey Maraev asmaraev at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 03:38:52 PDT 2015

Hi, Lars!
I don't know python , so It's not simple to understand what should be
inside of generate_tiles. os.environ is not the same such as in unix, also
I don't imagine how to get correct mapfile. I was trying to make via
tilemill and export to xml. It takes many time for understanding and I'm
not sure that it will work correct. As for mapproxy-seed that will be
easier and clearer for me.
I've used mapnik-2.0.1rc0.
Anyway, I've found a great manual for configuring of generate_tiles.py
http://www.bostongis.com/PrinterFriendly.aspx?content_name=generating_osm_tiles
and I'll try it. If get any difficults I'll let you know.
Thank you for your assistans!

> Good Morning Andrey,
>
> I've to admit that I don't get what the exact problem seems to be. You
> seem not to be able to generate tiles with mapproxy-seed and your own
> mapnik-windows-setup. AFAIK generate_tyles.py should work with windows.
>
> Can you share error messages, logfiles and configuration files please?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Lars

Best Regards!
Andrey Maraev