[MapProxy] mapproxy-seed with multi(ple) polygons

lars lingner gislars+list at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 00:53:51 PDT 2015

Hello,

for mapproxy-seed I can configure a coverage which takes also multi
and/or multiple polygons. When I request the summary it reports the
whole extent of all geometries defined in the coverage. That is a
postgresql table with a few rows containing multipolygons in my case.

My questions: Is MapProxy using the extent of all polygons while seeding?

In case the answer is "no": Is MapProxy dooing multiple seeds for each
dataset (in my case this is a row in my table) and in case of
multipolygons is each part polygon used for a seed task (instead of
using the multipolygon extent)?

I couldn't find the answer in the documentation. MapProxy is working
fine with multipolygons, I just don't know what the expected behavior is.

Thanks for any clarification.

Lars