[MapProxy] mapproxy-seed with multi(ple) polygons

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Mon Jul 13 01:08:58 PDT 2015

Hi,

> On 08.07.2015, at 09:53, lars lingner <gislars+list at gmail.com> wrote:
> for mapproxy-seed I can configure a coverage which takes also multi
> and/or multiple polygons. When I request the summary it reports the
> whole extent of all geometries defined in the coverage. That is a
> postgresql table with a few rows containing multipolygons in my case.

The extent is only calculated for the summary output.

> My questions: Is MapProxy using the extent of all polygons while seeding?
>
> In case the answer is "no": Is MapProxy dooing multiple seeds for each
> dataset (in my case this is a row in my table) and in case of
> multipolygons is each part polygon used for a seed task (instead of
> using the multipolygon extent)?
>
> I couldn't find the answer in the documentation. MapProxy is working
> fine with multipolygons, I just don't know what the expected behavior is.

It loads all geometries at once and builds a single MultiPolygon (cascaded union function of GEOS).
So overlapping geometries will only be seeded once.

Oliver Tonnhofer  | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG  | http://omniscale.com
OpenStreetMap WMS and tile services         | http://maps.omniscale.com