[MapProxy] WMS GeoTIFF output format

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Tue Nov 3 23:56:50 PST 2015

Hi,

> On 02.11.2015, at 09:40, Piero Campalani <piero.campa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a question: is MapProxy supposed to geoereference an image from an un-georeferenced source if the requested output format is image/tiff? (or image/GeoTIFF)
>
> I am using MP to cascade some external tile service, and I'd like to get georeferencing if requested. Just making sure i) this not an implemented functionality, ii) this would make sense to you, iii) if ii==true is it the case to track the issue in github?

i) It is not implemented. If I remember correctly, it is (was) not possible to set the GeoTIFF headers with PIL/Pillow.
ii) Yes. But it needs to work without any new dependencies (i.e. Pillow only), or it needs to be an optional feature.
iii) Yes, you should create a new ticket on GitHub. Please read [0] before starting to work on this.

[0] http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/development.html

Oliver Tonnhofer  | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG  | http://omniscale.com
OpenStreetMap WMS and tile services         | http://maps.omniscale.com