[MapProxy] advice on hundreds of layers

Jesse V Griffis jvgriffis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 09:25:35 PDT 2015

Hello gang,

Has anyone done any work providing hundreds of layers via mapproxy?

I'm using sqlite over file-based caches (too. many. pngs!) but I suspect
I'm getting up near the top end there. Increased ulimit soft/hard. There
doesn't appear to be any way to merge 20+ layers without killing
performance or attempting to pre-seed, but unfortunately the data changes
often enough that pre-seeding is marginally useful.

Just wondering if anyone else is attempting this kind of thing.

Many thanks,

Jesse