[MapProxy] MBtiles locks & takes ages

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Thu Oct 22 09:38:55 PDT 2015

Hi there,

I was about to preseed the area of Germany in OSM tiles and store them
in sqlite databases (MBtiles). The log shows that the sqlite-DBs are
locked every second. Isn't parallel processing possible with sqlite?

And the ETA also make problems. It would take about 2 weeks to render
Germany. Even with the old python script in OSM's repository, I can
render the data in some hours (png files only, no database). It's not
a hardware problem.

Anyone with an idea, what's going wrong here?

Best regards,
Tobias