[MapProxy] CC-BY-SA AccessConstraints in documentation & tests

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 8 02:25:55 PDT 2016

On 08/04/2016 11:31 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 08/04/2016 10:12 AM, Oliver Tonnhofer wrote:
>> Thanks Paul for your mail. There is nothing else to add.
>>
>> I removed all CC references from the example and test configuration to clarify this:
>> https://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy/commit/ec6358565121647fb89d69b5befeb340225bc990
>>
>> @Bas: Can you use this commit as a patch for 1.9.0?
>
> Thanks for this change, that should suffice to clarify that the
> AccessConstraints only apply to the hosted service and not to the source.
>
> I've included the commit as a patch and will upload a new package
> revision shortly. I'll also reply to the FTP masters to reference this
> thread for further clarification.
>
> Hopefully we'll have MapProxy in Debian and Ubuntu soon, it's been
> included in OSGeo-Live for some time so it's high time to get the
> package into the main distribution repositories. It's a great
> alternative to MapCache which was the only option included in the
> distribution repositories so far.

The patch and additional clarification in this thread were sufficient to
get the second mapproxy upload accepted. MapProxy is now available in
Debian unstable and auto-synced into Ubuntu yakkety:

 https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/mapproxy
 https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mapproxy

After the package migrates to testing I'll also create a backport for
Debian stable users.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--