[MapProxy] MapProxy and Apache stops responding

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Thu Jan 14 01:02:27 PST 2016

Hi,

> On 12.01.2016, at 12:14, dirk.thalheim at bkg.bund.de wrote:
> once in a while we’re experiencing some stability issues on our productive MapProxy server. The server stops responding and only a reboot helps to solve the problem. Currently we’re using a script which checks periodically if the server is responding and if not performs a reboot.
>
> […]
> Has anyone experienced similar issues? Is it simply a scaling issue or are there other things to consider? Could the cache storage format be a bottleneck? For the service in question we’re using a SQLite Cache which is located on a network share and accessed by three MapProxy-servers.

We are not aware of any stability issues, except for locking issues with SQLite caches on some servers.  Also SQLite can have reliability issues on network file systems (see http://sqlite.org/faq.html#q5). So this might be the root cause in your case.

Also, the worker backend of Apache should perform better then the prefork on higher load.

Oliver Tonnhofer  | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG  | http://omniscale.com
OpenStreetMap WMS and tile services         | http://maps.omniscale.com