[MapProxy] MapProxy cache configuration

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Thu Mar 17 03:32:49 PDT 2016

Hi,

> On 10.03.2016, at 16:58, Patrick, Alton (US) <alton.patrick at baesystems.com> wrote:
>
> I have just started using MapProxy. I have a couple of questions about the file cache, which do not appear to be addressed in the documentation. Any help with these would be appreciated.
>
> 1. Is there any limit on the amount of disk space the cache can use? I don't see any option to set a disk quota.

No, there is no support for quotas.

> 2. Do tiles in the file cache ever expire, e.g. are they automatically replaced after a certain amount of time? If so, is there any way to control when they expire?

This can be handled with mapproxy-seed. You can define cleanup tasks that will remove tiles that are older then a specific time. You can configure this for each cache and zoom level. You can even remove tiles from a specific geographic area (with coverages).

Oliver Tonnhofer  | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG  | http://omniscale.com
OpenStreetMap WMS and tile services         | http://maps.omniscale.com