[MapProxy] Delimiter for layer-name and grid name in TMS

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Sep 1 07:08:46 PDT 2016

Hi,

By reading the TMS specification the delimiter is undefined. Service just needs to tell which urls to use.

http://demo.opengeo.org/geoserver/gwc/service/tms/1.0.0
returns
<TileMap title="bugsites" srs="EPSG:4326" profile="global-geodetic" href="http://demo.opengeo.org/geoserver/gwc/service/tms/1.0.0/og%3Abugsites@EPSG%3A4326@png"/>
and
http://demo.opengeo.org/geoserver/gwc/service/tms/1.0.0/og%3Abugsites@EPSG%3A4326@png
returns
<TileSet href="http://demo.opengeo.org/geoserver/gwc/service/tms/1.0.0/og%3Abugsites@EPSG%3A4326@png/0" units-per-pixel="0.703125" order="0"/>

I did not read carefully enough if href could be about anything if each href is just announced correctly in the capabilities and if this could be OK for level zero
<TileSet href="http://demo.opengeo.org/geoserver/gwc/service/tms/1.0.0/foo/bar" units-per-pixel="0.703125" order="0"/>

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Jonathan Moules wrote:

Hi List,
    Looking at the TMS as supported by MapProxy (https://mapproxy.org/docs/1.8.0/services.html#tms-service-label), I see this line:

    "MapProxy uses the actual name of the grid as the grid identifier instead of the SRS code. Tiles will then be available under /tms/1.0.0/mylayer/mygrid/ instead of /tms/1.0.0/mylayer/EPSG1234/ or /tms/1.0.0/mylayer_EPSG1234/."

    So MapProxy is using the / symbol to separate layer from grid (or EPSG). Although there's also the option to use a _ as well apparently.

    In contrast, MapServer is using the @ symbol: http://mapserver.org/mapcache/services.html#mapcache-services, as does GeoWebCache/Geoserver (http://geowebcache.org/docs/current/services/tms.html)

    Does anyone know why MapProxy uses /or _ rather than @ to delimit this? And which is the "standard" (the actual standard doesn't seem to say either way, but that may just be my reading - http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Tile_Map_Service_Specification)

    Cheers,
    Jonathan