[MapProxy] Limit cache storage up to fixed resolution

Just van den Broecke just at justobjects.nl
Mon Jun 12 08:06:17 PDT 2017

Hello,

I am trying to build an MP config that

- limits a cache based on a WMS source to a minimum resolution, say 0.42
- the grid has more resolutions, e.g. .. 0.42, 0.21, 0.105, 0.0525
- below res 0.42 tiles should be created via direct WMS source requests
without storing in that cache

I tried the cache config setting "use_direct_from_level: 0.42", but I
see, as per the docs, that it is only effective for WMS service
requests, not when requesting tiles (TMS, WMTS etc).

I can see the (performance) implications with meta_size/_buffer, but in
my case the source is raster and resp [1,1]/0. There is a config option
"disable_storage", but this applies to the whole cache.

Or is there a smart way to e.g. define two caches for a Layer, one up
to/including level 0.42 with storage and the 2nd for lower res's  with
"disable_storage"?

kind regards,

--Just

Just van den Broecke