[MapProxy] WMTS Source Support

Ryan How ryan at bitworks.com.au
Mon Sep 25 21:42:56 PDT 2017

Hi,

I am accessing a WMTS Server as a source for MapProxy. I am using the
RESTful format and have set it up as a tile source. So far so good.

The problem I am having is that the WMTS Server is advertising a slighty
different TopLeftCorner attribute in it's tile matrix to the standard
EPSG:3857 one. So all my tiles are ending up shifted to where they
should be, just a few metres in out in this case, but it is enough so
that it doesn't line up with other imagery and data points.

I am not sure how to set this up in MapProxy to shift the tiles to the
correct position. I looked at setting up a new grid, however there
doesn't appear to be a way to reflect the TopLeftCorner element.

Here is a snippet from the Capabilities Document

<TileMatrixSet>
<ows:Identifier>XXX</ows:Identifier>
<ows:SupportedCRS>EPSG:3857</ows:SupportedCRS>
<TileMatrix>
<ows:Identifier>05</ows:Identifier>
<ScaleDenominator>17471320.7509</ScaleDenominator>
*<TopLeftCorner>-20037509.5428 20037506.7948</TopLeftCorner>*
<TileWidth>256</TileWidth>
<TileHeight>256</TileHeight>
<MatrixWidth>32</MatrixWidth>
<MatrixHeight>32</MatrixHeight>
</TileMatrix>
</TileMatrixSet>

You can compare this with the standard TopLeftCorner for EPSG:3857 which is

<TopLeftCorner>-2003750*8.3428* 2003750*8.3428*</TopLeftCorner>

Can anyone point me in the right direction how I might have MapProxy
correctly load the tiles?

So I expect that when it serves them up along with other layers, it will
need to request 4 tiles, stitch them, then crop out the required tile
and serve that up.

Thanks, Ryan