[MapProxy] Benchmarking Mapnik seeding performance

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Sun Feb 25 23:33:40 PST 2018

Hi Paul,

> On 20. Feb 2018, at 00:22, Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com> wrote:
> Are there any others that I might hit, particularly any unique to MapProxy? I recall hearing that MapProxy needs to reload part of Mapnik for each tile it renders, but found nothing documenting this and have no idea if it's true.

Yes this is true (for each meta tile of course).

Reusing the loaded Mapnik objects was disabled because it caused trouble when they were used by multiple processes. It's been a while and I'm not sure what the actual issues were. There is definitely room for improvements in MapProxy.

Oliver Tonnhofer  | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG  | https://omniscale.com
OpenStreetMap WMS and tile services         | https://maps.omniscale.com