[MapProxy] WMTS with TIFF Files

D. Viert d.viert at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 29 06:04:52 PDT 2019

Hello everybody,

Unfortunately I could not find a solution even after a long search in the
MapProxy documentation.

I have a large number of GeoTiff files that I want to publish to a WMTS
local service on a laptop.

The files are stored in subfolders according to the following scheme:

F: \ orthophotos \ 32332 \ dop40_rgb_32332_5455_1

... \ dop40_rgb_32332_5456_1

F: \ orthophotos \ 32333 \ dop40_rgb_32333_5449_1

The size is 2500x2500 pixels per file and the EPSG is 25832
(ETRS_1989_UTM_Zone_32N)

Is it possible to deploy these tiles as WMTS using the latest version of
MapProxy without any additional software? If possible, how do I proceed? Is
there a tutorial with this topic available?

Thank you in advance and best regards from Potsdam

David