[MapProxy] Mapproxy Cleanups Speed

Travis Kirstine traviskirstine at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 05:29:32 PDT 2021

I think your best bet is to rm the folder using an alternative process.  In
my experience it has been faster to use custom scripts to perform the
cleanups especially if you are just looking to remove everything from a
cache, as Johannes indicated a file cache may not be the best for this type
of operation as it takes time for MP to walk the directories.

I was thinking that you could maybe utilize dimensions to generate a new
cache when you update the data however it appears MP does not support that
yet, this is something you could do with MapCache.