[MapProxy] Improved granularity for seed refresh

Moritz Kirmse moritz.kirmse at camptocamp.com
Wed May 19 03:10:42 PDT 2021

Hello,

I started work on this topic.
The basic functionality for refreshing existing tiles only is already
implemented, but it cannot be configured.

in the (draft) PR below, I chose to introduce a command-line parameter for
mapproxy-seed, --skip-uncached
https://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy/pull/515
This seems more logical to me than including this parameter in the
configuration file (as I had initially imagined with the parameter
existing_tiles_only: True)

as for the second feature (keep_missing_files), everything already exists,
it can be managed by the error handler in the mapproxy configuration with
cache: False:
sources:
  my_source:
    on_error: