[MapProxy] Hardware Recommendations?

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Mon Nov 15 13:14:59 PST 2021

Am 15.11.2021 um 21:23 schrieb Jason Fuehner:
> Was curious if anyone has hardware (Memory, CPU/Cores, etc)
> recommendations for scaling MapProxy in a production environment?

It depends a lot on how many users you expect and what exactly you do.
If you have mapnik or map servers running in the background that need to
process and render data first, you obviously have a completely different
load.

If you are just pulling tiles from an existing cache, you need a much
smaller system. I have some VPS with MapProxy that costs only $3 amonth
and can deliver tiles to several hundred users per day.

If you proxy an external WMS, it depends on your line and its latency
etc. etc.