[MapProxy] partial seeding in Mapproxy

Reto Wick Reto.Wick at zg.ch
Tue Apr 5 06:10:10 PDT 2022

Hi everyone

We're using Mapproxy 1.14 for the creation of several WMTS services based on our WMS services, hosted on a QGIS-Server.

Due to performance limitations, we do seed most tile levels in advance, so that they do not have to be generated on-the-fly.

Seeding the whole area (on up to 24 levels) can take up to 10 hours. Which is alright given that the data only gets updated once a month.

Still, is there a way/technique to detect areas where the basedata (WMS) has changed, in order to only seed tiles in those specific areas?

Thank you in advance for any hint or advice

Reto