[mapserver-dev] Transparency attribute on Layer Object

David Graham dgraham at i3.com
Mon Aug 19 13:03:47 EDT 2002

Developers:

I would like to know if anyone is working on a project to add transpency
to Layer Objects that are of type raster data.  If not I am trying to
size the effort required to add the ability to specify a transparency
parameter in the layer object (map file) that could indicate % of the
imagery to blend with existing data at rendering time.  The idea is to
be able to blend multiple raster layers each overlaying the last.  Since
the we now have 24bit support this should not be too difficult.

Currently my requirements are only for Raster data, but it would be
useful to eventualy extend the functionality to vector polygons filling
also.  I am less familiar with that side of the code.

Dave Graham

--
David W. Graham
Director of Geospatial Applications Development
dgraham at i3.com
http://www.i3.com