[mapserver-dev] Thread saftey

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Aug 27 14:21:26 EDT 2002

Accept that the lexer is not re-entrant so (I think) it's a mute point.
Bison is only used for logical expression evaluation at the moment. I'd
be curious what the effects of the pure_parser directive are (speed?).
I'm certainly willing to make the change though. If you'd check it out
that would be great. Changes can the be submitted to me and I'll pop
them into the CVS.

Steve

>>> "John Newton" <john_mapserver at hotmail.com> 08/27/02 12:56PM >>>
It appears that bison can be run with "%pure_parser" declaration to
generate
a thread safe parser.

Is there a reason not to generate the parser with %pure_parser?  It
appears
a cheap way to make that part of the code thread safe.

If I were to investigate this, what is the process for me to integrate
my
suggestions into CVS?