[mapserver-dev] Docs for testing 3.7

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Nov 13 10:06:41 EST 2002

 Hi There,

 Here is output format description to output one raster swf for all the layers in
the map file.

      OUTPUTFORMAT
        NAME swf
        MIMETYPE "application/x-shockwave-flash"
        DRIVER swf
        IMAGEMODE PC256
        FORMATOPTION "OUTPUT_MOVIE=SINGLE"
      END

 I have updated the also the wiki pasge with this
information.(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MapserverFlash)

Later,

Jan Hartmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just downloaded and compiled 3.7 for testing a DHTML application I've
> been working on for some months: putting maps into moving and resizable
> windows, much like a desktop application (see
> http://www.brainjar.com/dhtml/windows/demo.html for the general idea).
> The JavaScript will probably useful to more people who are developing
> user interfaces for MapServer, so I was planning to make it available
> around Christmas. The thing works under 3.6.3, but I thought it would be
> more profitable to release it for 3.7. After a few preliminary tests I
> encountered problems with OUTPUTTYPE, SWF and the new QUERY mechanism. I
> have some postings on the last two subjects by Assafa and Steve in my
> own mail archive, respectively from
>
> 9-8 (Assafa)
> (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0208/msg00155.html)
>
> 10-10 (Steve) (not found in the list archive)
>
> and I remember having read something about a more flexible way of
> integrating raster output formats, but I can't find that any more (I
> would like to add raster SWF output as an option; used my own code until
> now). Can anyone point me to more information on these subjects (e.g.
> where to look in the source code)? Also, if there are more changes in
> using MapServer CGI from 3.6 to 3.7 I would appreciate to hear of them.
> Could save me from having to rewrite things in the future.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jan Hartmann

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst