[mapserver-dev] mapserver 3.7 - msBuildPath call in msOGRFileOpen breaks ogdi connections

Administrator jnovak at novacell.com
Sun Nov 17 03:16:31 EST 2002

I'm regression testing my 3.7 mapserver build against some of my 3.6.3
map files.

In 3.7, the connection string for this layer:

LAYER
  NAME "NORTHAMERICA"
  CONNECTION "gltp:/vrf/H:/GIS Data/Digital Chart of the
World/NIMA/Level 0/v0noa/vmaplv0/noamer:polbndl at bnd(*):Line"
  CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
  PROJECTION
 "AUTO"
  END
  TYPE LINE
  STATUS DEFAULT
  CLASS
 COLOR 255 255 0
  END
END

is prepended with the absolute path to the map file, causing great
sadness in the open routine for this data type as the gltp parser barfs
when gltp: is not found as the first five characters of the URL.  It
appears that the addition of the msBuildPath invocation in msOGRFileOpen
is the culprit.  As I'm sure this works for other data types I have not
needed or tested, could I get some advice regarding handling of this
particular situation.

I have temporarily munged the gltp: parser to search for that string and
throw away anything before it, but I suspect this not the optimal fix.

Thanks,

John Novak
Novacell Technologies