[mapserver-dev] Re: MapServer security issue

Jan Hartmann jhart at frw.uva.nl
Sat Nov 16 09:13:14 EST 2002

On second thougthts:

To allow for multiple MapFiles to be accessed from URL's, MS_MAPFILE
could be a colon-separated list of allowed mapfiles
(file1:file2:file3:...). Each of those could be accessed via the normal
?map=mapfile.parameter. The first one could be the default map. Coming
to think of it, you could just as well do this with a regex. And to
protect people against themselves, you could make MS_MAPFILE obligatory.

Jan