[mapserver-dev] msautotest and -v output improvements

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Nov 22 14:42:30 EST 2002

Guys,

I have committed the beginnings of an autotest suite to the MapServer
CVS repository.  It is in the msautotest directory, parallel to the
mapserver source tree.  So something like:

cvs -d :pserver:<userid>@mapserver.gis.umn.edu:/data2/cvsroot co msautotest

should get it out.  I am deliberately keeping the file sizes small.  Once
checked out you can run the tests sort of like this.

warmerda at gdal[337]% cd msautotest/
warmerda at gdal[338]% cd gdal
warmerda at gdal[339]% ./run_test.sh
Processing: 256_overlay_res.map
   Results matched.

Processing: 256color_overdose.map
   Results matched.

Processing: 256color_overdose_res.map
   Results matched.

I will try to write up a README, and perhaps put something in the Wiki
about it.

---

This leads to a related issue.  I would like to implement a high level
autotest script that only runs the subcomponents that are builtin.  With
"shp2img -v" I can get lots of info, but it would also be helpful to know
if the configured GD is 1.x or 2.x.

warmerda at gdal[344]% shp2img -v
MapServer version 3.7 (development) OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Currently we get something like the above.  I would like to add "SUPPORTS=GD2"
or perhaps "SUPPORTS=24BITRGB" if we have GD2 which provides 24bit RGB images.
Is this acceptable?  Are there other features we should indicate in the
version strings?