[Mapserver-dev] 3.6 branch CVS checkout

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Aug 7 14:06:36 EDT 2003

(I'll CC mapserver-dev so that others know about the various branches)

The 'rel-3-6-6' tag is just a tag, not a branch.  The 3.6 branch is
called 'rel-3-6-0-beta1', so you could either checkout a new tree using:

   cvs checkout -r rel-3-6-0-beta1 mapserver

or update your existing tree using

   cvs update -r rel-3-6-0-beta1

I realize the 3.6 branch was poorly named (my mistake) and this mistake
was not repeated with 4.0.  In 4.0, the 4.0 branch is called
'branch-4-0' and the release tag is called 'rel-4-0-0'.  So to work with
the 4.0 branch you will use '-r  branch-4-0'.  The main CVS trunk is now
version 4.1.

Daniel