[Mapserver-dev] Native Win32 PostgreSQL libPQ

Norman Norman
Sat Feb 8 11:25:40 EST 2003

Hi all

I have placed an experimental packaging of libpq for Win32 at
http://www.vso.cape.com/~nhv/files/postgres/libpq.lib.tgz

This was built against PostgreSQL 7.3.1
using MingW32 and converted to MS library format
using the Microsoft Lib tool  'lib /machine:i386 /def:libpqdll.def'

The MingW version of the library this was built from works
fine for me and I see no reason why the MSVC version in this
tarball shouldn't allow a MSVC compiled mapserver to query
a PostGIS database.

I am hoping that by announcing this here instead of the users list
we can work out bugs and packaging issues

Cheers

Norman