[Mapserver-dev] Proposal for mapfile IO changes for MapServer 4.1

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jul 2 12:50:33 EDT 2003

I don't know the parser well enough to tell how much work would be
involved, but I love the idea.  Your objective is probably to expose
those functions to MapScript in order to be able to serialize objects,
right?

While we're at it, we should create an abstraction layer so that we can
have multiple implementations of the Load...String() and
Write...String() functions.  This way if someone wants to implement a
XML mapfile format (did I really write XML? ;) or use whatever database
mechanism to store map compositions then they could do it.

Maybe you should create a bug about this with the conclusions of this
thread once we agree on the direction to take.  Please make sure it is
marked version 4.1 if/when you create it.

Daniel