[Mapserver-dev] output format save

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jul 2 14:48:02 EDT 2003

Sean Gillies wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 2, 2003, at 09:15  AM, Yewondwossen Assefa wrote:
>
> > Hi There,
> >
> > We just realized the output formats are not written into the map file
> > when It is saved. I realize that saving the imagetype is enough (to
> > recreate the same mapfile) for default output formats, but we end up
> > loosing some specific user defined format options.
> >  I guess there are several ways to adress this :
> >
> >   - write only the current output format used in the map file
> >   - write all the output formats
> >   - write back only output formats that are user defined (loaded from
> > map file or create by mapscript) . In trhis case we would also write
> > current one if diffrent from the user defined.
> >
> > Maybe there are other ways. What are your take on this ?
> >
> > Later,
> >

> I prefer your third way.

Agreed it should be #3, and this may require that we add a hidden flag
to the outputFormatObj to tell whether this is one of the default output
formats, or whether it was user-defined (in the mapfile or via
MapScript).  Something similar had been done in the symbolObj to
differentiate between symbols that are inline in the mapfile and those
coming from an external SYMBOLSET.

Please create a bug about this to track progress, this should be done
this week for the 4.0 release.  Please assign to me if you don't have
time.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca